What are my options for adding Media into SurveyMR 2.0?
You can add several different types of media to a SurveyMR 2.0 question (including links, images, videos or YouTube clips) by following these steps:
- Access the Back Room > Research Tools > SurveyMR 2.0
- Select your survey or click ‘Add Survey 2.0’ in the top right corner
- In the surveys' build tab, add a new question by first clicking and dragging the 'form' box from the left of the page onto the canvas or edit an existing form by clicking on the edit icon in the top right corner of the form
- Add your question (or choose your question to edit). Good to know: You can add media to any question type in SurveyMR 2.0
- At the top right of the text box, there are four small icons you can select to add your media to your question.
This icon, when selected, gives you the option to include a link within your survey question.
To add a link, type out your question and include a statement which will lead your participant to the page of your choice. An example could be:
“For more information, go to our website here”
In this instance, to add the link, you would highlight “here” within your text and click the link icon. This will open a new box where you can enter the hyperlink.
- Once you have copied this in to the box required, click ‘Save’.
This icon is the option to select when you want to include an image within your question.
By clicking the icon, a new window will appear titled ‘Image Picker’.
- Click ‘Select File’ to upload an image from your device. Good to know: Images should be one of the following file types: .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png (they will be resized automatically)
- Once you have selected your image, you can give the image a title or description. Then click ‘Start Upload’
- Click the image that has been uploaded, and select ‘Add Media’
This icon allows you to upload a video file to your survey question. This option works on the same principle as the Image upload option.
- By clicking the icon, a new window will appear titled ‘Video Picker’.
- Click ‘Select File’ to choose your video. Good to know: Videos should be one of the following file types: .mp4, .webm
- Once you have selected your video, you can give the video a title or description. Then click ‘Start Upload’
- Once the video has been uploaded, you can select the video as it appears and then click ‘Add Media’. This will display the video within the question.
The final option for adding media is embedding videos from YouTube.
- To do this, type out your question and click the icon to add your video.
- A small box will appear for you to paste in the YouTube link.
- Once you have pasted the link in the ‘Enter video’ section, click ‘Save’. Good to know: Embedded Videos should be a direct link to the video, for example by going to YouTube, open the 'share' options and 'copy link'.
- Once you have clicked save, the video will be instantly added to the question